Tuesday, December 7, 2010

re-focus

do you remember when i said that i keep a small list of personal goals?!?! well, lately i've been slacking on some really important goals i set for myself about 6 months ago. and i didn't realize how poorly i was doing until recently. i was doing really well for awhile and people were actually noticing a change and making wonderful comments, but the past few months have been a gradual descent into old ways. it makes me sad and regretful. i wasted a lot of chances to improve myself. there were times when i made the wrong choice even when i was telling myself not to. and then there were the times that i didn't realize the errors of my ways until well after the opportunity had passed. here's a quote from the movie "hope floats" that i've always really liked: "it's the worst kind of extravagance, the way you waste your chances." well, i don't want to live so extravagantly. i want to re-gain control and be all i can be. only not in the army. in my little life.

No comments: