Friday, October 31, 2008

FYI

I have had a week straight out of H. E. double hockey sticks. Mostly due to the amount of stress I am experiencing related to school. It seems that only 5 weeks til the end of the semester is not going to be enough time to complete my To Do list. I have spent this entire week focusing just on my thesis since my advisor thought today would be a good day to require an outline of my proposal. That means that I have really slacked off in a lot of other areas in my life and I certainly do not have time to catch up next week or the next week after that or the week after that. You get the picture. Plus, the holidays are coming up which I'm excited for, but it's difficult to manage holiday parties/get-togethers with school work.

I was able to sneak off to see a play last night. I usually go to all the ones they have at school because I can either go for free or five bucks. They just started a new one that was pretty funny so, I got a little stress relief there. And, since I went with a good friend, we had a little bitchfest afterwards. Those always seems to be a stress reliever for me.

And now, I'm at school running participants for my thesis and trying to tread through the tumultuous oceans of research that are either irrelevant to my topic specifically or I do not understand what the devil they are talking about. Great!! (In case you can't read my tone, that was sarcastic:)

Enough complaining for now. Must get back to the articles and opinions of so many great researchers that have come before me. In parting, I would like to leave you all with one of my favorite Halloween jokes:

Q: How do you tell the difference between witches and warlocks???

A: Warlocks have Halloweenies!!!

Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

ndutahns said...

Hey Penny - sorry to hear you're having such a busy time. Just wanted to let you know we are proud of you! Hang in there! Love, Mom and Dad

Cindy said...

I know this is quite a bit past the original date but I had to tell you that's my favorite Halloween joke, too!