Tuesday, January 26, 2010

update

well, my quest turned out mostly successful. the weekend of martin luther king's b-day was a great one in which i did a little bit of everything. i studied for my upcoming comp. exam in february (aaaagh! it's coming up very soon!). i hung out with my sister, saw a friend perform at sugarhouse coffee, and went to game night at a friend's house. i then began scrapbooking for like, the first time in over a year. you see, my mother-in-law gives me scrapbook supplies for my birthday and christmas gifts every year. i love that. especially when i make the time to actually use them! since i had piled up an abundance of supplies and really want/need to get some books finished i decided to organize last year's photos and start working. i finished the whole book in one week! i was super motivated and now i'm accomplished. it's a great feeling. now, on to tackle the stacks of photos from other years. i swear, one day, i will be totally and completely caught up on scrapbooks.

i've kept up a little more balance since that weekend. i have been trying to do something i enjoy for part of each day. i also have been trying to maintain a sleep schedule. which as you can see by the time that this was posted i deviated from today and now, i am finding myself an insomniac.

i still take on too many things and am finding myself a bit overwhelmed at times, but i like being able to set time aside for all things necessary in my life. rather than freaking out about a to-do list and not getting anything done.

speaking of fun and exciting events: i went to a sundance film this past weekend. it was a bit strange and a bit funny but overall enjoyable. i was disappointed that i did not see any celebrities, which was my main reason for going. and i was even more disappointed by the fact that my sister went to park city the next day to hang out and saw pauly shore (one of my all-time favs!!) and tommy lee jones. she didn't even take a picture for me. jerk! krista, you know i'm kidding...mostly:) anyways, i did meet a celebrity this past weekend so i'm kinda okay with it. brandon and i went with some friends to wiseguys comedy club to see harland williams. he's in a bunch of movies like rocketman, sorority boys, and superstar, etc. he was freakin' hilarious. i laughed soooo hard i got a headache. after the show he did a meet and greet so i got a photo with him that i would love to share but for some reason i am having trouble downloading it from my phone onto the computer...trust me though, i did meet him.

an interesting tidbit about me: i freeze up when i meet celebrities. it's like i don't even know what to say or even my own name. after i left the comedy club all i could think about were awesome things i could have said to him that would make him like me so much that we become besties and i like fly to his house in LA or whereever for great and fabulous parties. it was like this another time when i was working at k-mart and a couple of members from social distortion came into the store. i love their music and really wanted a pic or autograph but i was too damn nervous to ask for one. instead i just like stalked them around the store. it's k though cuz they were sooo drunk i'd be surprised if they knew which way was up. but, i'm just like why couldn't i have been brilliant and hilarious and made an impression on them so they would have taken me back to their tour bus and i could have totally become a groupie???

this post has gotten pretty long. i'm surprised. and now i'm going to try to go back to sleep...

5 comments:

Krista said...

i heard you walking around last night and it scared me! haha
and look at the 97.1 website, lots of sundance pics!

p.e.n.n.y. said...

lol i didn't walk around. i used the laptop in bed. you must have been hearing strange things. except brandon got up around midnight to leave for work...maybe that's it. besides, after reading that whole post this is your comment???

Krista said...

ya it is all i had to say! haha do you have a grievance now???? huh huh

Mom said...

I was glad to see you making some headway on your quest. Makes you feel like you've accomplished something, doesn't it.

Marbar said...

Hey Penny! I love that your full name is Penelope, that is so cute! It's good to see you and your cute blog. And I'm glad you found my blog. You are so fun, and I hope you get more sleep. Take care friend!