Friday, September 4, 2009

road rage


do you ever have days when you're driving and you just feel like all the traffic signs/lights just DO NOT apply to you?? i was driving home earlier today and found myself trying to make illegal traffic moves because it would have made my life so much easier. i would have saved so much time if i could just have done what i wanted to. alas, i did not do the things i really wanted to. i started to become angry with the signs, which made me angry with the government for putting these seemingly ridiculous rules on my driving. it seems stupid to me that i can't turn left at some lights just because of the trax. aren't i capable of making my very own decision to go when no other cars nor trax is coming? i like to think so. but, maybe i'm wrong. it just seems like an infringement on my freedoms to restrict these things, like my own free will is being compromised by some stupid sign.


so then i thought what makes me so special to be able to turn when i'm not supposed to. some people are not capable of making good and rational decisions so why should i be able to? i'm sure they feel like they are making the right choices, just like i do. and i think that is what laws like this do, they make you doubt your ability to choose the right. i think i might have just lost confidence in myself to make good and rational decisions. i hope the government can figure out how i should live the rest of my life...hmmm, seems like they are striving to do just that anyways. but, that's another blog altogether.

No comments: