Wednesday, June 17, 2009

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, BAN!!

Today my husband turns 30. Today my husband is past the point of no return. He once told his uncle that once you reach 30 you are OVER THE HILL. Well, Brandon, you've peaked. It's all downhill from here...
Just don't get stuck in the snow on the way down!
I'm posting some of my more favorite pics of him over the past few years. I only used ones that I had already on the computer so there are a lot missing, especially ones from long before we owned a digital camera and had the ability to post them electronically with such ease.
Brandon likes to party. He likes to get down. Here he is on our last camping trip, getting down with his baaaad birthday self:)

Again, with the party hats.

AAAAAH, the sand dunes. His favorite place in the world. There is little that Brandon likes more than riding at the dunes. Here we are at the St. George dunes one of his first rides on his new "creation" as I like to call it. He's really proud of his accomplishment and he should be. It took a lot of ingenuity and smarts. Now that it's done he is contemplating his next invention.

He loves giving grumpy faces and absolutely hates pictures....Hmmmm, sounds familiar. I think it runs in his family. (Both, grumpy faces AND hating pictures:)

Here is King Brandong taking over the Eiffel Tower!!

He found a good walking stick. He can never resist getting as close as he can to the water without getting wet. Problem is, he usually ends up falling in because he doesn't have good balance. Interestingly enough this little river crossing was pretty successful and I don't think he fell in. But, the time before that he fell in, got soaked/bruised and screwed his cell phone up.

He likes k-i-s-s-i-n-g in the trees.

In Chicago. He likes to travel to "cool" places but if we go somewhere he deems "uncool" he would rather stay home. Chicago was "cool"...No, I mean literally we underpacked and froze the whole time! I bought a pink beanie (look up at the main pic of our blog) and he resorted to wearing it for 5 minutes...until he got some weird looks from strangers. That made him embarrassed. But, we still had a good time!

This trip (Santa Barbara, CA) was Brandon's idea. We were looking for a little getaway for our anniversary one year and just could not decide on a place. I was getting stressed out especially since we gave ourselves a week or two to plan it before we went. So, I told him to pick the place and let me know. It was such a laid back trip. We went to this beach everyday and saw dolphins swim by each night. I even went for a swim in the ocean for my first time and it was a blast!

Oh, ya like rolling your pants up that far is going to keep them from getting wet. Not really, but he doesn't mind. He can't keep his hands off of anything and tries to figure it all out. For example, he kept picking up kelp and dissecting it. He can never just sit still. His mind has to be busy or he gets up and finds something that is interesting.

He loves to play with our little Mamma and wrestle with her. That's where she gets all her meanness-from him! We took her out to play in the backyard a few times in our old house. She was really scared to come out at first but then she loved it and wanted to go out all the time.

Graduation day from WSU. Brandon has been so amazing to support me through school, in many ways. He has been the major money source and recently the only money source. He has listened to countless self-doubts about how talented I think I am and he has put them all into perspective, oftentimes proving me wrong. He's offered to help carry some of the load (although, I'm not sure how well that would have gone over with my professors) and has taken over household duties to relieve some of my stress. We've only got one more year left and then I'm done. Thanks for hanging in there!!

Us two lovelies in Big Cottonwood Canyon. We were the only crazies up there that day. But, the snow on the mountain reflected off the lake and it was so peaceful and beautiful.

Target shooting. I think that is his gun-toting vigilante face...

Our wedding day. 10-02-04. I smiled so much my face hurt!
We look so pretty.

The only time Brandon actually smiled through the whole photo shoot that day.
These are some of our memories together over the past 7 1/2 years. We have grown so much together and I look forward to spending many, many more birthdays together. But now he's home from work so I'm going to go spend the day with him;)

3 comments:

Krista said...

aweeee so cute! lol well i cant text Brandon but i know he will see this! Happy Birthday Brandon

bs said...

Thanks penny that is a pretty cool montage and as always love more then words can describe

Brian and Sue said...

Happy Birthday to our favorite son-in-law!!