Tuesday, May 12, 2009

st. george trip

Like I said earlier, Brandon and I went down to St. George to see the parentals. We met Krista and Mike down there so, the whole family was together. The weather was so delicious...~90*. On one of our 4-wheel adventures, Brandon stopped the procession to show me this (see picture below:) bloomin' cactus. I thought it was really beautiful and just had to share it with ya'll.

Here's Brandon and I'm not sure if this is his nice face or his snarly one...It was taken BEFORE he had to dig my brother out of the sand 5 times so, it must be the nice one. I had to help him a couple times myself. The worst part is when your shoes are filled with sand. Literally, filled. You take one step forward and slide two steps back. In the meantime, you've got so much sand in your shoes that your foot barely fits anymore. Eventually Jeremy got the hang of it...

The next day, Brandon, Jeremy and I went on a hike. We ran into this caterpillar type thingy and it looked like he was trying to make a cocoon. It was pretty cool but not a very safe place for him to be. We had to stop Jeremy from destroying him and I'm sure the next person might not be so nice.
Here's another from the hike. Brandon's resting in the shade and Jeremy is ready to move on.


The rest of the trip was good and like I posted before I didn't even get sunburned! That was the best part. But, it took us 7.5 hours to get home when it normally takes about 4. Insane! It seemed like we stopped every hour for this or that. Then we took a detour to see the site of the WWII Japanese Internment Camp. There was nothing out there but a small memorial. We finally made it though and Mamma was glad we did:)

1 comment:

ban said...

it was a blast love to do it again